Friday 1 July 2011

Challenge #26 Alcohol Inks and optional sketch

Welcome fellow crafters - Challenge 26 is under-way and for the next 2 weeks at The Stamp Man we are looking forward to seeing you use alcohol inks with an option of using the sketch shown below.

It's Brenda here and those of you who have visited my blog, will know I just love the Tim Holtz style. I have chosen this theme so that those of you who have experimented and used alcohol inks before can join in and we also hope this will be an opportunity for those of you who haven't used them to have a go and have some fun inky sessions. Jill has a wide range of inks and accessories HERE at her shop and further links can be found below with the Design Team contributions.

My teamies haven't had alot of time to get their pieces made as I have had computer problems and was late posting the deets for them - sorry guys.

So this is the sketch for you to use if you would like something to structure your work, remember it is optional, the layout is simple and you can turn it and interpret it in any way. I haven't added any embellishing I will leave that totally up to you. Just have fun and don't forget we have a prize of a £10 gift voucher for the Stamp Man shop up for grabs.

Now lets have a look at what the amazing team have come up with -



Lisa used:
Aspects of Design 06- Nature

Sue

Sue used:

Tim Holtz stamps - Papillon; Good Thoughts
Tim Holtz Paper Stash - Kraft Resist
Tim Holtz Sizzix die - Tattered Flowers
Alcohol inks - Terra Cotta; Butterscotch; Lettuce

Neil


Neil used
Stampers Anonymous Mini Muse
Alcohol ink - Juniper, caramel, purple twilight, sandal and gold metallic
Tim Holtz regal flourish embossing folder
Gloss card, copper sheeting, 3d foam pads and blue card

Janet



Janet used
Pink carnation and coffee archival ink, Tim Holtz stamps
Shrink plastic, buttons from sale room

Lisa O

Lisa used:
Alcohol inks-Lettuce and Stream
Aspects of Design-Butterfly Garden Stamps
Black Stazon
Distress Inks-Broken China and Faded Jeans
Papermania Butterfly Punch

Angela
Angela used:
Non Sequitur Across the miles(Script)
Perfect Pearls Heirloom gold
Butterfly charm(unknown)


Frankie


I used
TH distress inks - walnut stain, vintage photo, rusty hinge,
Alcohol inks
TH stamp sets
TH sprockets, spinners etc
metal
rosette die

See, aren't they just amazing? Such a versatile group of people who always produce stunning pieces of art to whet our appetities and to kick start our inspiration. Please go over and leave them some love and see what else they do.

I hope you feel ready to have a play with alcohol inks and we look forward to seeing your fabulous creations over the next fortnight.









4 comments:

  1. I made a card for your challenge, but your page didn't come up, so I posted it an hour or so before your post was visible. Am I still allowed to use it, or should I make something new? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, please enter it - we will very happy to come and have a look, and as long as the date is not before the challenge date, that is fine.
    Thanks for asking.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun challenge and I love the cards that were made. I have a question...on some peoples blogs I wanted to leave a commment but it asks me to select profile. I can usually put in my url address but there are some that do not have this so I thought I would put in the google acct but it just keeps asking me to sign in and I can never leave thatplace..It's like Groundhog day-I have to relive it over and over. How do I leave a comment when I can't leave my url address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the super DT examples.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment as we really appreciate them!