Friday 27 January 2012

The Stamp Man 'Embellish It' Challenge

Hi everyone, it's Siobhan here. I am hosting for the first time since joining the Stamp Man DT a few months ago. This time the challenge is "Embellish It".

I don't know about you but I often spend as much time choosing the right embellishments, as I do making the rest of the project. The right embellishments can really give your project the wow factor. Whether its flowers or gems, buttons or brads, ribbon or lace, the choice is endless. And as I was always telling my customers, it's all in the detail!!

So we want you to design a project and then embellish it. As always there is a £10 voucher for the winner and the chance to proudly display the winner's blinkie in your sidebar. And to see the winner's in the last challenge "Use Red" remember to stop by on Friday February 3rd.

Here are our talented DT members with their take on the challenge to get your creative juices flowing.
Siobhan

In honour of my first time hosting a challenge I have used one of the very first stamps I ever bought from The Stamp Man. It's a beautiful design from Aspect of Design. I love all things botanical and this stamp caught my eye straight away.
I used :
Spellbinders - Fleur de Lis Squares and Foliage
Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint
Tim Holtz Alterations Die - Tattered Florals




Lisa used:
Clear Embossing Powder

Sue

Sue used:
Tim Holtz stamps:- Reflections;Adverts;French Marketplace;Odds & Ends
Darkroom Door:- Love Birds
Stampendous:- Rose Corset
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:- Victoria
Distress Inks:- Victorian Velvet; Tattered Rose
Tim Holtz:- Tattered Flowers die
Ranger White Paint Dabber
Gesso
Acetate

Angela


Angela used:
Mixed beads(Stamp Man sale)
Pearl/gem topped stick pins(Stamp Man)
Ribbon


Caroline used:
Chinese Coin - The Stamp Man Embellishment Kit
Vellum Pack 12 x 12 - Bright Colours
Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Aged Mahogany
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain
VersaMark - Watermark Ink Pad
Stampendous Embossing Powder - Clear
Card stock - black, creme
Hero Arts Cling Stamp Chinese Thank You (CG121)
Black organza ribbon
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Postage Stamps (S4-348)

Lisa Sparkle


Lisa used:







15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous inspiration cards! Thank you for the challenge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Challenge and Beautiful DT Inspirations! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab DT creations, thanks for another great challenge. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful samples from the DT - so much inspiration!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely DT Cards & great challenge blog. Look forward to the next one!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW, such gorgeous DT samples ... thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful DT Embellish It creations. I embellished with glitter, glitter hearts, ribbon & tag my Valentine Card with Pegasus theme creation.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanky you for this challenge and all the stunning pieces from DT.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the challenge - everything needs be to embellished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning DT cards and fab challenge. Perfect for me as I'm an embellishment addict!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the gorgeous DT inspiration! So much talent! Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one of my favourite Stampman stamps Siobham, lovey tag...just wish I could get rid of the weed version in my veg patch!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous DT inspiration, thank you for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some stunning cards ladies. Thanks for the Inspiration. Just realised I've used red again lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment as we really appreciate them!